Dress to impress in our classic man's welsh cilt. Made to measure to the highest standards by our expert kiltmakers.Made from a full 8 yards (approx, according to the tartan sett and your dimensions) of your chosen fabric, we fit two leather straps and buckles on the waist, and one on the hip. The front edge has two fringes, and we include two belt (or sporran strap) loops at the back. Our premium quality eight yard kilts are made to measure, hand-crafted by highly experienced kiltmakers in the traditional manner. Made from a full 8 yards (approx, according to the tartan sett and your dimensions) of your chosen fabric, we fit two leather straps and buckles on the waist, and one on the hip. The front edge has two fringes, and we include two belt (or sporran strap) loops at the back.
|Images || The Eight Yard Kilt … The kilt worn as par… |
| Dimensions: || Please note any special requests at the Checkout; we will discuss these with you before charging. |
| Materials || Medium (13oz) Weight Worsted 100% Pure Wool. Please allow up to an extra six weeks for delivery if you choose a woven to order material. |
|Measuring: || We ask for details as you choose options: Measuring Guide |
|Points: || Buying this product will earn you at least 764 Scotweb Points per item |
|Delivery: || Dispatch in 3 to 5 weeks - Rush Orders |
|Returns: || Non returnable - see Full Terms |
| Options: || |
- Kilt length (17" / 43.2 cm to 27" / 68.6 cm)
- Kilt seat (32" / 81. cm to 70" / 177.80)
- Kilt waist (28" / 71.1 cm to 66" / 167.6 cm)
- Wearer's height (5ft 0.5 inches to 6ft 11 inches)
- 58018 choices of material
How do I buy items from this site?
We try to make our site easy to use, even for a complex purchase like a kilt outfit. No membership is necessary. And we deliver worldwide.
The basic process is explained below. But if you find it hard for any reason, just contact us and we will be happy to either advise you or else place your order for you. (Calls from the UK or North America are free!)
We divide the buying process into two main stages:
1. Select products & Add to Basket
- Find your product
- Optional: specify fabric, sizes, etc.(Choose Options button, top right)
- Add item to your Basket (Add to Basket button, top right)
- (Repeat, to add more items)
- Adjust quantities in Shopping Basket (if required)
2. From Basket, proceed to Check Out
- Go to the Checkout (Checkout Now button, in Basket)
- Specify Delivery Address and Shipping Method
- Specify Payment details
You will find much more help with how to navigate our site, how to choose products, about our customer services, and much more in our fully searchable Information Centre which is linked at the top of every page.
I need more advice - how can I get help?
We have three main ways of giving you extra information:
1. all around our site you’ll see little ‘info’ icons (like this: ) with help relevant to the place you see it; clicking one will normally pop up a help box, keeping you on the same page;
2. we have a large, fully searchable, Information Centre, linked at the top of every page, covering product advice, customer services, site navigation, and much more; try searching for the topic of your query (e.g. “returns”).
3. our customer service team is only an email or phone call away, and we even have toll-free lines from the UK and North America; so don’t hesitate to contact us, however trivial or complex your query.
Where can I find more in-depth information about kilts & tartans?
Scotweb’s MD, Dr Nicholas J Fiddes, has written a free illustrated e-book, as a gift to help kilt lovers everywhere. In simple non-technical language it covers every aspect of buying a kilt, choosing your tartan, and accessorising an outfit for every occasion.
As a Governor of the Scottish Tartans Authority, and founder of the world’s first company to market kilts on the Internet (yes, Scotweb) no one is better qualified to offer such advice. Impartial and objective, this is a personal work and is not a Scotweb publication.
Click here to go to the download page
Video: How to Measure for a Traditional 8 Yard Kilt
Video: How to Wear a Full Formal Kilt Outfit, step by step guide
Video: Traditional 8 Yard Classic Kilt by Balmoral Kilts
Video: Welsh Traditional 8 Yard Kilt, or Cilt
Welsh Traditional 8 Yard Kilt
Beatthepiper , Gnomeland
Beautiful kilt. the make is wonderful, the tartan is soft, strong and smooth. The colours of my tartan are brilliant and the craftsmanship of the kilt is stunning. I can't wait to wear it out piping. I would recommend this product to any one.
R E R , UK
I brought a Jones of Wales 8 yard kilt and it is bright, very comfortable and cuts a dash at a formal event. The computer generated colours do not do it justice in my view
My kilt arrived yesterday and is absolutely beautiful. It fits just right-thanks to the follow up by the Scotweb folks to ensure that the measurements we sent were correct. Highly recommended!
Paul Bagnall , Conwy, UK
The best gift I have ever bought myself, This saves the hunt for a new suit for a wedding or that special outfit for a party.This is a timeless outfit that will wow the ladies and cause envy in the chaps. For you single men you may fiund you have more female attention than ever before. For us married chaps its just a hoot. Brilliant for formal wear or i have worn it to walk in the hills of North Wales, though avoid long heather. The kilt also proved a winner at the Wales Ireland rugby match in Cardiff , pity about the result.
Showing 4 of 4 reviews